Blogging every day has posed two challenges for me, finding the time and finding the flow. However, it is moreso the latter; I’ve found that these things can help find that flow:
- Taking a walk
- Blocking out one hour to blogging: put away your phone, close other tabs and just concentrate
- Listen to motivational podcasts episodes
- Daily Content/ Article Consumption
- Read for 30 minutes
- Yoga sequence — check out this one to spark creativity.
- Watching Ted Talks episodes
- Practicing mindfullness and being present with affirmations and mantras (check out these motivational Mantras).
- TAKE A HIKE — spending time in nature always gives me creativity
- Vist other blogs
- Brainstorm the theme— What are your categories? What are some reoccuring topic you write about? What are the most popular topics? Can you expand on them?
- Go for a drive or a bus ride to somewhere new
- Document your progress and plans for the future
- Listen to a music album you’ve never heard before
- Spend time doing one of your hobbies; pick up that paintbrush, basketball, or go for a run, whatever brings you happiness while help get those creative juices flowing!
Get over your fear of shipping and go with what comes to mind. Find what inspires you and always remember to trust your intiution.
My phrase for 2017 was “planting the seeds and sprouting”; between discovering and beginning praxis, developing my jewelry and art business, and my immense personal growth, it was a big year for me. However, I have even bigger plans for 2018 — this year’s phrase is “growth and blooming”.
My focus for 2018 is the continuation of my personal and professional growth. Come June, I will start my apprenticeship and my career. I’m excited to see how it will evolve. I also hope to have 100 sales for my Etsy shop. In the short term, I am dedicating time to productivity like blogging, research, and reading and spending less time watching tv and procrastinating.
I am a huge advocate of health and wellness; I plan to blog health, wellness, positivity, or yoga related articles once per week. With that being said, I also want to grow my yoga practice and nail a hand-stand by the end of the year.
Overall, I plan on persisting the value-creation mindset and prioritizing positive habits. I know this is going to be a year of exponential growth for me and I’m stoked to see the outcome. What are your goals and plans for this year? Comment Below!
For the next month, I am writing a blog post every day. This challenge will certainly push my boundaries, but will also help grow my value creation mindset.
Prioritizing is key to this challenge. That’s why I’m disciplining myself to sit down and write every single day—even on crazy, busy days like I had today. Between my day job, Etsy business, praxis boot camp curriculum, and my side hustles, I am always occupied. After it is all said and done, it is now 11:19 pm and I am still going!
With that being said, I’ve also become quite the night owl. Another goal for February 2018 is to regulate my sleep schedule. Month-long challenges are a great way to kick-start your mentality and build a habit. By the end of this challenge, I hope to improve my consistency and discipline. You can do anything that you set your mind to. However, it is up to you to follow- through.